My HealtheVet, your Personal Health Record, helps you gain a better understanding of your health to explore a variety of ways to monitor and improve your health. It offers Veterans free, easy and convenient ways to become active partners in their health care and well-being. Veteran patients can refill and track VA prescriptions online, track their health status, and with an upgraded Premium account, can access portions of information in their VA Notes along with the ability to communicate electronically through Secure Messaging with their health care teams – anywhere and anytime. Currently, a My HealtheVet Redesign Project is underway that will improve the use and online experience for Veterans.
Secure Messaging through My HealtheVet is available to Veteran patients with a My HealtheVet Premium Account. With this access, Veteran patients can communicate with all primary care, surgery, specialty, behavioral health, dental and rehabilitation clinics at all VISN 4 VA medical centers. The expansion of Secure Messaging continues in other clinical areas, along with non-clinical areas, at each medical center. This online tool allows Veteran patients the ability to communicate about non-urgent health-related information in a private and safe, online environment. Benefits for using Secure Messaging include:
- Increases access and satisfaction
- Increases convenience and efficiency
- Promotes a partnership between you and your health care teams
- Provides a safe, alternative communication tool that is convenient and flexible
- Reduces the need for telephone calls and waiting on hold
- May decrease the need for unscheduled clinic walk-ins
More than 1.9 million Veterans are now using secure messaging to communicate with their VA health care team. To learn more about secure messaging, go to My HealtheVet for more details.
To get the most out My HealtheVet, Veterans are urged to visit their local VA health care facility to register and upgrade their account, known as In-Person Authentication (IPA). This upgrade process is simple and will allow you to:
- View VA appointments
- Refill and track prescriptions
- Communicate through Secure Messaging
- View VA laboratory results
- View VA Notes
- View, print or download your person health information with the VA Blue Button
If you are not using My HealtheVet, please register today on www.myhealth.va.gov!
If you have problems or encounter technical errors with My HealtheVet, please contact the My HealtheVet help desk.