About the VA Healthcare-VISN 4
Download and print VISN 4 map
For best results, set printer to landscape mode.
VA Healthcare–VISN 4 is a network of 9 VA medical centers, 44 outpatient clinics, 1 mobile clinic, and 17 Vet Centers.
In fiscal year 2016, VISN 4 served 321,459 Veterans from across the Nation, primarily from Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and Ohio. With an operating budget of more than $2.7 billion and a staff of more than 14,000, VISN 4 is working hard to transform toward personalized, proactive, patient-driven health care.
To serve and honor our Veterans by continuing President Lincoln's promise "to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan."
To provide Veterans the world-class benefits and services they have earned — and to do so by adhering to the highest standards of compassion, commitment, excellence, integrity, accountability and stewardship.
VA Core Values
Because I CARE, I will…
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.
VA Core Characteristics
- Trustworthy: VA earns the trust of those it serves – every day – through the actions of all employees. They provide care, benefits, and services with compassion, dependability, effectiveness, and transparency.
- Accessible: VA engages and welcomes Veterans and other beneficiaries, facilitating their use of the entire array of its services. Each interaction will be positive and productive.
- Quality: VA provides the highest standard of care and services to Veterans and beneficiaries while managing the cost of its programs and being efficient stewards of all resources entrusted to it by the American people. VA is a model of unrivalled excellence due to employees who are empowered, trusted by their leaders, and respected for their competence and dedication.
- Innovative: VA prizes curiosity and initiative, encourages creative contributions from all employees, seeks continuous improvement, and adapts to remain at the forefront in knowledge, proficiency, and capability to deliver the highest standard of care and services to all of the people it serves.
- Agile: VA anticipates and adapts quickly to current challenges and new requirements by continuously assessing the environment in which it operates and devising solutions to better serve Veterans, other beneficiaries, and Service members.
- Integrated: VA links care and services across the Department; other federal, state, and local agencies; partners; and Veterans Services Organizations to provide useful and understandable programs to Veterans and other beneficiaries. VA’s relationship with the Department of Defense is unique, and VA will nurture it for the benefit of Veterans and Service members.