VA Healthcare-VISN 4
Tele Emergency Care/Urgent Care now available in VISN 4
Veterans receiving health care at VA medical centers throughout VISN 4 can now obtain care with the ease of a video chat or phone call with a licensed health care provider. VISN 4 Tele Emergency Care/Urgent Care uses VA Video Connect (VVC) to conduct appointments privately and securely in a virtual medical room from anywhere using the camera on your smart phone, computer, or tablet.
Tele Emergency Care/Urgent Care can help treat many common conditions including:
- minor cuts, scrapes, rashes and skin irritations
- tick, insect and spider bites
- common cold, cough and flu symptoms
- sprains, back pain and joint pain/stiffness
- pink eye
- urinary tract infections
- upset stomach and constipation
The registered nurse in the VISN 4 RN Clinical Contact Center will evaluate your symptoms, provide a care recommendation and, if needed, schedule a virtual or face-to-face same day appointment.
Tele Emergency Care/Urgent Care is available from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET, 365 days per year, and there are NO copayments!
To use Tele Emergency Care/Urgent Care for a VVC appointment, you will need:
- A web-based device: computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone**
- A web camera, microphone and speaker
- Ability to navigate the device functions
- Internet access
- Email address that you can access from your web-based device
To ensure that you are able to connect to a VA Video Connect appointment:
- visit https://mobile.va.gov/app/va-video-connect
- click on "Visit the VA Video Connect Test Site"
- click "Connect"
Tele Emergency Care/Urgent Care is available to Veterans receiving health care in the VISN 4 network which includes VA medical centers in Altoona, Butler, Coatesville, Erie, Lebanon, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre, and Wilmington.
**If accessing VA Video Connect on your Apple mobile device, you will need to download the free VA Video Connect iOS app from the Apple App Store.
Help and Support
If you are having technical problems using VA Video Connect, call the VVC help desk at 866-651-3180 to perform a live test to ensure your audio and video are working correctly (available Monday–Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET).